Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Who's Your Favourite Stamp Artist!!

Who's your favourite stamp artist? Do you even have one or do you have many?! I'd love to know, so if you would be so kind, leave me a comment letting me know who they are or who they work for, I'd appreciate it!! I always love finding new artists!!

My favourite artist is also my friend. I first fell in love with her images when she worked as the primary artist for High Hopes Stamps. Being a patriotic Canadian, some of the first rubber images I bought, were her one's featuring mounties, moose and beavers!! I had the pleasure of meeting her in person back in 2009 at a release party she did for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps in Kilworth, Ontario. I then had the immense privilege of being part of her Design Team from April 2010 until June 2012 when she decided to hang up her drawing hat for awhile to concentrate on other things.

Her name is Crissy Armstrong, and she IS my favourite stamp artist.

In celebration of Crissy's talent, I wanted to post a card I made for a fundraiser back in March that features her digital image "Little Artist" !! This image is a mini-Me of Crissy LOL!! I just love it because it reminds me of the wonderful "childlike" imagination that has always come through in the images she's drawn!!

Here's my card...




 I added crystal lacquer to the dollops of paint to make them appear wet and more 3D. Sorry it can't really be seen in the photos, but it was a cool effect.


The sentiment is one I got as a freebie from Create With TLC -- a wonderful site with tons of freebies & vintage images!!

So there you have it! Let me know who your favourite artist is! Leave me a link and I'll come by and see what you've been up to!

Hugs,
☺Sarah☺

Card Deets:
Printed On: Neenah
Cardstock: Bazzill Papers
Designer Paper: Karen Foster--Old Script
Media: Copic Markers
Brown Crochet Flower: Scrapbook Memories (LSS)
Pink Crochet Flower: Michael's
Star Spacer Bead: Michael's
Gem: Dollarama

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, SARAH!!!!! You are TOO KIND!!!!! Love you bunches!!! Hugs hugs and more hugs!!!!
    Gorgeous card too!! I keep a similar one you made for me on a shelf to the left of my computer. Your love is felt!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and for leaving your comments! I really appreciate them!
Have a blessed day!
Sarah