Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Second Post Today!!

Here's card No.10 in the race to fill the order for 25 cards for my daughter's school fundraiser. This image is called Lion Hugs and it's new at Squigglefly. It took me a few tries with this image to get it coloured the way I wanted to but finally when I set my markers aside and used my Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits I got a result I was happy with. Haven't mastered lions with the markers yet but I will keep trying.

Here's my card...


A closer look at the artwork...

The inside sentiment...

What I Used:

  • Stamp--Lion Hugs--Squigglefly
  • Stamped On--Strathmore Bristol Smooth Paper with Memento--Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Cardstock--Bazzil Papers
  • DP--American Crafts--Letterbox--Post Script
  • Flowers--Prima
  • Ribbon & Spacers--Michael's
  • Pearls & Metal Charm--Dollar Store
  • Media--Prismacolor Pencils & Mineral Spirits
  • Sentiment--Computer Generated

Thanks for taking another look...more to come--fast & furious as I try to meet the deadline for the school!! Crafting pressure--is there such a thing!! :)

Have a great day!!

Sarah xx

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, your coloring is stunning on this one. Wow just beautiful. Love this image and the card you made with it is simply wonderful! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Curt. Yes, beautiful colouring, Sarah! I love all the individual hairs you did with the tip of a sharp pencil. That just can't be duplicated with the brush tip of Copics. Well done! Nice simple design for the card too, with the perfect finishing touch - the buckle on the ribbon. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gorgeous card, fab work with the image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and for leaving your comments! I really appreciate them!
Have a blessed day!
Sarah