Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge

Hello there! Thought I'd try my hand at some new things today--a new challenge, a new stamp company (to me) and some new embellishments. The challenge is from Stampin' Sisters in Christ. Hostess Ceal Prichett has asked us to make a card/project for someone letting them know that God loves them. This challenge was fun for me because there are so many women in my church and in my life that are a blessing to me and I have made it my aim to use the gifts I have to let them know.

This card will be for my friend Joan--she is a lovely woman--so full of life, who always has an encouraging word for me. Her life shines Christ to those around her and she is a constant reminder of God's goodness in my life. She also never fails to ask me how my kitties are doing. That is why I have chosen this image and coloured it to resemble Willow--my precious furbaby :). Stealing a flower is also something Willow would do--she's a little monkey sometimes but far too cute to scold :(

Here is the card I made for her...


I used a freebie digi image from Motivet--click on the link and it will take you to their site where you can download this image for yourself if you wish or just look at the great stamps they offer.

Here's the inside of my card...


I doodled "God Loves You" around the edge of the writing space--not sure if you can see it unless you click on the picture.

The Other Things I Used:

  • Designer Paper: We R Memory Keepers--Hippo Flowers & Hippo Blocks
  • Cardstock--Bazzil Papers & Stash
  • Sentiment on Front--See D's
  • Sentiment Inside--Stampabilities--I Count You Twice
  • Stamped on Prism Simply Smooth with Memento--Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Colorbox Fluid Chalk--Dark Moss
  • Flowers--Prima
  • Gold Dew Drops--The Robin's Nest (the 3rd new thing :)
  • Cuttlebug--Scalloped Rectangle & Rectangle Dies

Well there you have it. Thanks for coming by to take a look & have a blessed day!

Sarah xx

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, this is a beautiful card!! I love everything about it from the precious digi to the sweet DP. Thanks for playing with us at SSCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purrfectly adorable -- such soft sweet colors. Your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Sarah, beautiful puddy cat and colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and for leaving your comments! I really appreciate them!
Have a blessed day!
Sarah