Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Troop Card #1--Thank A Soldier!!

Hi! Just wanted to put up a quick post of a card I did for a Canadian soldier serving in Afghanistan. This is my first time sending a card to a soldier I haven't actually met. So many of the brave men and women in our military put their lives on the line everyday to help bring peace & support to many disaster & war-torn areas of the world...this is my small way of saying thanks to just one of them and letting this one know how much I appreciate their sacrifice and service. Here's the link to the Canadian Forces site if you would like to do the same--How to send mail to Any Canadian Forces Member.




Inside the card is a pocket with a poem I wrote for this particular soldier.


The Recipe for this Card:
  • Dream Street Papers--Clubhouse Camo
  • g.c.d. studios--Whoop De Doo Collection--Retrophide
  • Cardstock--Bazzil Paper
  • Soldier Stamp--Paper Inspirations
  • Thank You Stamp--Studio G
  • Ink--Versa Magic--Tea Leaves
  • Die Cuts--Quickutz

So there you have it--I hope you like my card and will be inspired to reach out and encourage a fellow Canadian who I know will welcome mail from home!! Other countries also do this for their citizens serving in the military...you just have to surf a little to find the information!! In the future I plan to post any good links I find to people and organizations who do this.

Blessings,

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah
    Your card is gorgeous, love your design and details. The pocket inside is a great idea.

    Hope to see you tomorrow!!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and for leaving your comments! I really appreciate them!
Have a blessed day!
Sarah